Friday, May 26, 2017

When I get on my scale


When I get on my scale every morning I can lean back slightly and take five pounds off my weight, If I need to justify having a second bagel.

It is interesting that I can talk myself into it this way.  We all are like this is many situations in our life.

Is self-deception though self-defeating? It is a process we use to combat our own fears and anxiety. Do not consciously criticize yourself because of this. We all, yes, we all do it to some extent.

There are days I wonder when the world is going to catch on to me. Sometimes reality and our perception do not match. We tend to see the world thru our eyes and it is not always the truth.

Self-deception can be an ego defense.

My thoughts.

Always strive to become more. Never ever give up. Do not fool yourself. You know the truth. We all have our fears. How we face them determines our success,

As Billy Joel so eloquently put it. “We all have a face that we hide way from strangers.” 
William James said,

“The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes.

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.”

No comments:

Post a Comment