Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Don’t ask yourself what you want out of life


" What do you believe and what are you willing to struggle for?"
I believe I am a great manager and I will avoid situations that could contradict that belief. I believe I am an amazing sales person, I seek out opportunities to prove that to myself over and over again. I believe I am a motivational speaker. Again, I seek out opportunities to prove that to myself over and over. Belief always takes precedence. We seek out every opportunity to prove to ourselves that we are right.  If we think of ourselves as a failure, our curious mind will find proof.  Whatever we believe ourselves to be or circumstances that put us there, we are.

What we want and what we are. It is up to us.

In his book, Mark Manson tells us,  

“Don’t ask yourself what you want out of life. It’s easy to want success and fame and happiness and great sex. Everybody wants those things. A much more interesting question to ask yourself is, “What kind of pain do I want?”

What you are willing to struggle for is a greater determinant of how our lives turn out.”
" What do you believe and what are you willing to struggle for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment